CHESS Homeless charity has just completed its sixth year of social accounting. The following is taken from their recently published summary report.
This has been a year of development for CHESS as the administrative services moved into a new facility on New London Road and it has been preparing to accommodate the night shelter in this building next financial year 2018/19. This will provide an additional two bedrooms for the service once up and running.
- 51 People passed through CHESS in this year, CHESS worked with each client for an average of 207.5 days. A total of 745 support meetings were held to listen and help with client problems. A further 136 hours of counselling services and 127.5 hours of specialist Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) treatment were all provided to help address pressing client issues.
- CHESS provided 10,539 bed nights to its client base and a further 849 bed nights to rough sleepers on the Winter Project. This prevented a total of 11,388 nights of rough sleeping in the Chelmsford area.
- CHESS provided rough sleepers with 1385 hot meals and 2814 hot drinks, this provision is on top of providing meals for all clients within the Night Shelter. Approximately 60% of the food used in CHESS was donated through Harvest collections, personal donations and as surplus by socially aware traders and the public.
- CHESS also helped 3 clients move into employment.
- CHESS was supported magnificently by 85 volunteers who each gave an average of 81 hours of their time to provide vital support to our efforts. This is a staggering amount of time from each volunteer and their support is a fundamental ingredient of our collective success.
Total Economic Impact is estimated to be £2,008,883, giving a 415% return on operating costs of £484,592
Contact CHESS directly for more information on their social accounts https://www.chesshomeless.org/