Welcome to the Social Audit Network!
The Social Audit Network (SAN) is a not-for-profit organisation which facilitates the exchange of information and experience between practitioners of social accounting and audit in the social economy and voluntary sectors. SAN holds regular meetings, events and an annual conference at venues around the UK.
To promote and support social accounting and audit as the preferred means whereby organisations operating in the community, social economy and public sectors report on their social, environmental and economic performance and impact.
We believe in social justice for all sections of society
We believe that taking control of monitoring and evaluation can empower individuals, organisations and communities
We believe in collaboration and partnership working when and where possible
We believe in being transparent and open in our actions
We have 3 objectives which help us achieve our mission.
Objective 1: To support and encourage organisations undertaking social accounting and audit by…
- Actively disseminating information about social accounting and audit to individuals and organisations including regular online updates and through the SAN website
- Promoting the audit process as a means to independent verification of social value and social impact reporting
- Undertaking networking and promotional activities including an annual event and other speaking opportunities
- Offering support to organisation preparing social accounts through learning programmes and other activities
Objective 2: To support and encourage SAN approved auditors by…
- Applying a quality assurance system to maintain the effective delivery of the social auditor function
- Running CPD events for social auditors
- Providing information for social auditors online and through other media
Objective 3: To maintain SAN as a sustainable network by…
- Increasing membership
- Maximising income from social audits, learning programmes, publication sales and the annual gathering
- Carrying out paid, contractual work